Best Dandruff Shampoo for Kids in 2020 (Reviews and Buying Guide)
Unfortunately, dandruff does not only affect adults but babies too. The good news is there is kid’s dandruff shampoo available in the market and they are made gentle to provide your kids the need and care they deserve.
What is effective for adults may be harmful to kids, hence you must buy products that are specifically made for your sweet little angel. There could be many dandruff shampoos for babies in the market today, but as someone who wants to ensure that they use only the best products for their little ones must not decide too quickly.
The many options could daunt you from choosing the best dandruff shampoo out there, but as long as you do your homework, there is nothing you should worry about.
Some would start their search earlier on, even before they give birth, as they know dandruff may occur to their babies and it must be treated immediately. Babies could surely feel irritated with it as dandruff is itchy and discomforting.
Choosing the right dandruff shampoo can help you resolving the issue and putting your baby back to comfort and happiness. To help you get started with your research, below are some of the most popular baby dandruff shampoos in the market.
Our Top 10 Picks for Best Dandruff & Dry Scalp Shampoo for Kids
The selections are massive, and choosing which toddler dandruff shampoo to buy may not be very easy. As you go along your shopping, more and more brands will come along your way, but among them, the listed shampoos below can be the best of the best dandruff shampoos for kids.
Dr. Eddie’s Happy Cappy Medicated Shampoo for Children
This is not just your ordinary dandruff shampoo as it does not only fight scaling, irritation, redness, flaking, and itching on the scalp but also on the skin. It is one of the shampoos that are available to purchase over the counter, hence a prescription is not necessary when purchasing.
- It has an active ingredient approved by the FDA, pyrithione zinc, an ingredient proven effective and safe in treating dandruff
- It also has licorice root, a natural extract, to help ease redness under armpits, neck folds and behind the ears
- It is dermatologist tested, fragrance-free, sulfate-free, paraben-free, alcohol-free and dye-free
Best Anti Dandruff Shampoo For Kids – All-Natural Gentle Tear Free Kid’s Shampoo for Dandruff
This natural child dandruff shampoo is best in reducing flakes for healthier scalp and hair. A perfect shampoo indeed if you want to give your babies with the dandruff-free scalp.
- It is not solely to provide treatment for dandruff as it also protects damaged and dry hair, and perfect for any kinds of hair types including curly, straight and frizzy hair
- It is safe to be used everyday and perfect to match with any brand of conditioners
- It is all-natural, ingredients include lavender and tea tree essential oils, and jojoba oil
- It does not contain any harsh chemicals or artificial fragrances
Sulfur8 Kids Medicated Anti Dandruff Shampoo
Simply massage the shampoo to your baby’s hair and rinse, and see improvements right away. This medicated anti-dandruff shampoo can keep you, baby, away from dandruff, and its negative implications.
- It cleans the hair thoroughly so natural shine of your baby’s hair will be revealed
- It is highly recommended to be used daily to achieve the best result
- The active ingredient in the shampoo is Pyrithione Zinc hence you are assured that it is effective and gentle to your baby’s delicate and sensitive skin
Baby Wash Kids Shampoo - Organic Aloe, Chamomile & Natural Honey
Make your baby’s hair dandruff free and their skin, smooth and soft.
- This baby wash toddler shampoo is made from Chamomile, Natural Honey, and Organic Aloe for soothing cradle cap, eczema, and sensitive dry, itchy scalp and skin
- It tears free so perfect for toddlers, babies, and even big kids
- If paired with their lotion, this can give your kids the ultimate care they need
- They use organic leaf juice, hence expect a dose of 75 nutrients, 32 minerals and vitamins and loads of active enzymes to moisturize skin and aid painful and irritating diaper rash
Dr. Eddie's Happy Cappy Daily Shampoo & Body Wash for Children
You know it is for kids as it is created by pediatricians. The formula used to make up this shampoo is well researched to provide babies and kids with a dandruff-free scalp.
- The shampoo is meant to soothe itchy, dry, eczema-prone and irritated skin for children of any ages
- It is free from any factors or chemicals that may irritate your baby’s skin, as it is paraben, phthalates, alcohol, dye, and fragrance-free
- It is one of the few shampoos and body washes that passed the scrutinization of the Pediatric Dermatologist recommendations for eczema, as it is free from harmful lathering ingredients, fragrance-free, hypoallergenic
- The shampoo contains low pH that matches the low level of pH on the baby’s skin.
Paul Mitchell Baby Don't Cry Shampoo
Take your baby to a bath that he/she will enjoy, this no tear formulation gently soothes and cleans scalp and hair without the tear. The formula used is perfect to use by children of any ages daily
- The cleanser has a neutral pH, one of a kind blends of different extracts to prevent loss of moisture and give the right hydration
- It has cornflower and chamomile extracts to soothe and calm babies
- The soothing and calming ingredients of the shampoo made it perfect not only to treat dandruff but give your baby a good bath
BELLA B NATURALS Bee Gone Cradle Cap Baby Shampoo
This dry scalp all-natural baby shampoo can keep your baby free from dandruff. This is a perfect solution for cradle cap, one of the most common conditions for newborns.
- It has tea tree oil, a well-known ingredient to heal and smoothen dry scalp
- The shampoo contains organic shea butter and oats for a smoother and healthier skin
- It is paraben-free and hypoallergenic with a fresh, light scent
- It creates a foam that you will massage to your baby’s hair to cure cradle cap.
Anti Dandruff Shampoo for Kids – Best Tear Free Natural Children’s Scalp Treatment
This can be one of the most potent dandruff shampoos there is. It provides gentle treatment and contains safe and pure ingredients to loosen and remove flakes and dandruff.
- It is hypoallergenic hence perfect for your baby’s delicate skin
- It is made of high-grade Jojoba Oil and Lavender and Tea Tree essential oils
- It cleans, nourishes and protects damaged and dry hair while making it dandruff free
- The shampoo is sulfate and paraben-free and contains zero artificial colors, harsh ingredients, and fragrances that you can usually see on other commercial shampoos.
ohnson's Ultra-Hydrating Tear-Free Kids' Shampoo with Pro- Vitamin B5
No more tears for your baby’s bath with this hydrating shampoo. This is perfect for babies to replenish and wash while giving his/her delicate hair with nourishment and strength.
- It is enriched with pro-vitamin B5 and protein to nourish and hydrate while giving your baby’s hair cleansing
- The shampoo is dye-free, paraben-free, sulfate-free and phthalate-free, making it perfect for your toddler’s developing hair
- When it goes to your baby’s eyes, it is just like water so you need not worry about tears or crying while bathing
- To achieve maximum results, you can also use it together with the conditioner.
Mustela Foam Shampoo for Newborns, Baby Shampoo
This foam shampoo could give your babies a refreshing bath.
- It helps reduce and prevent cradle cap and it is made to clean baby’s scalp and hair
- This shampoo gently rinses and exfoliates cradle cap flakes, and results can be seen with every use
- The shampoo is made of 99% plant-based ingredients such as Avocado Perseose, a popular natural ingredient that hydrates and protects your kid’s delicate scalp
- The shampoo also has Climbazole so the cradle cap will not reoccur.
How to Choose the Best Shampoo for Toddler Dry Scalp
Buying dandruff shampoo for your babies can be very intimidating, as there are so many things you must consider apart from its effectiveness. This decision may not come in a rush as you have to ensure that you are spending your money right to its purpose.
Take your time, step back, and do your homework before you even make a purchase. Below are some tips you can follow when buying a dandruff shampoo for your little ones:
Know the brand
The brand of the dandruff shampoo can make or break your overall satisfaction. Well, known brands are there to provide high-quality goods, for this case dandruff shampoo for babies.
Make sure that the brand is highly reputable in manufacturing or producing baby dandruff shampoo. Some brands may be known for producing adult shampoo but not baby shampoos.
Some may not count the brand when they shop for baby dandruff shampoo as most prominent brands sell their products at a higher price. The price must not matter if what you are getting is the high-quality shampoo to give your baby the care and the comfort, he/she needs.
Read the label
Whether you are buying online or through a physical shop, checking the label is a must. You have to make sure that you know everything about the shampoo you are purchasing. There are so many things to discover just by reading the label. And that is something you have to check on.
Some information to check on the label are:
- Ingredient: Know each of the ingredients on the shampoo. Research and check on its purpose. Is it paraben, sulfate, dye-free? Make sure that the ingredients of the product will never do any harm to your babies
- Expiration: If you are buying huge bottles, make sure you know when will it expire. If you are planning to stock it for a longer time, make sure it has a long shelf life
Tip: If you are planning to shop online, you can read the description of the product through the website or you can check on the information about the product through the manufacturer’s website.
One of the things you must do when buying dandruff shampoo for your children is reading online reviews. There are many reviews available online you can use to reference the ability of the shampoo to provide relief and treatment. These reviews are coming from real-life users, hence worth to trust.
Although, you have to make sure that you are reading legitimate review sites as some sites are made to market a specific product.
You may also want to join different sites discussing parenting as there, you cannot only know which dandruff shampoo to purchase for your kids but other parenting advice as well.
Buy in a small amount
If it is your first time buying a specific dandruff shampoo, it is best if you buy in smaller bottles first. Buying huge bottles may either make you lose money or force yourself to use the shampoo even if it is not giving your baby any good.
Dandruff is not only affecting adults but babies and even newborns too. There can be many products of dandruff shampoofor kids in the market but only a few are effective and highly satisfying. Choosing the right dandruff shampoo for your baby is necessary to ensure that it can give relief to scaly, itchy dandruff.
Considering the brand of the shampoo is also important as it can determine the shampoo’s overall effectiveness, the price must not be highly considered as most of the time, you can get what you paid for products as such. Always consider quality and effectiveness rather than its price. And always read the label.
Kids Dandruff Shampoo Frequently Asked Questions
Good dandruff shampoo is potent and effective. It should be free from harmful chemicals. All-natural is better and those that are sulfate, phthalate, dye, and paraben-free.
It may occur when there is a very small build-up of dead skin cells in their scalp. It can also be due to dry skin, due to weather and other skin conditions like psoriasis, acne, or eczema.
The first step in treating dandruff is using a shampoo meant to cure dandruff. Keep your child’s head clean all the time. If the condition of your child does not improve after several uses, consulting a dermatologist may be considered.
Yes, but there are some extreme cases that shampoo alone may not cure. The shampoo is enough to cure dandruff provided that the shampoo has ingredients potent and effective.